I recently had a conversation with my best friend, Kristine, about pen pals that got me thinking about sending out some actual mail to a few friends and family just to let them know I was thinking about them.
- Watercolor postcards
- Watercolors and a small brush
- Baby wipes
- Doodling markers and pens
- Acrylic paint and makeup sponges
- A couple spray inks
- Modeling paste
- Handmade stamps + letter stamps and black ink pad
- Words from magazines and glue stick
- A variety of stencils from The Crafter’s Workshop
I also used the Family Bit, the Sequin Waste Bit and the 6×6 Tatting stencil. For some of the postcards I sprayed through the stencils, some I added modeling paste, and some I added paint with a makeup sponge.
I then had some fun with my markers and pens, and finished off the postcards with a phrase of some kind that I have been collecting from magazines. Now to pick the recipients of some fun mail art postcards!
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.