I have always been a big fan of Rae Missigman and her 15 Minutes of Mixed Media™ videos. This year she has invited everyone to play along and I’m taking her up on that!
I created a journal entirely made of cardboard I saved to create my own 15 minutes of playful art videos. I wanted something that didn’t seem precious and besides, it was fun to make!
I started with the cover for my first video and I think it came out pretty great for just 15 minutes on the clock! The only thing I really planned was adding the stenciled #15. All other artwork and marks came from the supplies I had laying around on my art table. Here’s how I made it…
Supplies used (includes affiliate links):
- The Crafter’s Workshop heavy body acrylic paints in: spun sugar, black licorice, lemon custard, raspberry sorbet, blue jellybean
- White gesso
- Uni Posca Paint Marker White
- Faber-Castell Pitt Big Brush Black
- Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen Black
- Uhu glue stick
- Heat gun
- Makeup sponges
- Handmade foam stamp
- Archival ink pad black
- Flat brushes
- Sharpie Fabric Marker pink